Vehemently defending his decision to exclude the map of Asia
Regretting the choices that got him here
Mr. Rippey's Bio
Born: New Brunswick, New Jersey, 1971.
Raised: Lakewood, New Jersey.
Teenage Hobbies/Activities: Basketball, sports in general, playing drums, music in general.
- Temple University, Philadelphia (1989-1991)
- Associate of Arts, Central Florida Community College (1993-1994)
- Bachelor of Arts in History, Rutgers University, Newark (1994-1996)
- Masters of Arts in Teaching History, Rutgers University, Newark (1996-1997)
- Masters Degree in Global History, Rutgers University, Newark and New Brunswick (2004-2011)
Areas of Specialization and Interest:
- United States History (late 19th century to present)
- History of Latin America, the Caribbean, and the Atlantic World,
- History of Colonialism and Imperialism,
- Urban History and Studies,
- History of the Russian Revolution,
- History of Labor, Radicalism, and Marxism.
- Have visited most states in the US, and visited Canada.
- Costa Rica (1996)
- Brazil (1998)
- Latin America (2000-2001 - Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa
Rica, Panama, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina and Brazil).
- Mexico (2006)
- South Africa (2009)
- Spain and Portugal (2012)
- East Africa (2014 - Mostly Kenya, with quick visits to Tanzania and Uganda)
Current Activities/Hobbies: Reading, films, music, travel, and my girlfriend :)
(And recently I've been trying to be a good role model for my girlfriend's 11 year old. It's not really a fun hobby, but I'm doing it anyway...)
Minus a couple of years and plus a beard trim
Throwin' shade at haters
Being Mr. Rippey